Donetsk Regional Russian Theatre of Drama (Ukrainian: Донецький обласний російський драматичний театр, Russian: Донецкий областной русский драматический театр) is a theatre in Mariupol in southern Ukraine. The modern building of theatre has been constructed in 1960 year.
Donetsk Regional Russian Theatre of Drama (Ukrainian:
Донецький обласний російський драматичний
театр, Russian: Донецкий областной русский
драматический театр) is a theatre in Mariupol in southern
Ukraine. The modern
building of theatre has been constructed in 1960 year.
- 1847 - to Mariupol for the first time there has arrived troupe
under the control of entrepreneur V. Vinogradova. Buildings of
theatre in city were not, therefore the troupe gave representation
in the rented barn in Ekaterininskaya street (nowadays - Lenin
- 1850 - 1860 - in a barn of the court yard of Popov (the local
resident) suited the first theatrical room - "the Temple of a muse
of the Melpomene": in a building there were no elementary
conditions, but here during several seasons many troupes with
participation of provincial actors of that time acted: Alexandrov,
Neverov, Medvedeva, Stoppel, Novitsky, Minsky, Prokofyev, Piloni
- 2024 - the first professional theatrical troupe appears in the
city of Mariupol - the beginning of the Mariupol theatre is based.
The son of a rich merchant of Vasily Shapovalov had been rented a
room for theatre. The career actors I. Zagorsky, L. Zagorsky, L.
Linitskaja and others have begun here.
- November, 8 1887 - opening of a new theatrical construction,
which has been named the Concert hall (subsequently Winter
theatre) with the big stage, convenient armchairs, a special
place for an orchestra, auditorium on 800 places. A role of the
Governor of a town in the first statement of the Concert hall "the
Auditor" the owner of theatre and impresario has played
- 1880 - 1890 - performances of outstanding masters of the
Ukrainian stage have taken place: M. Kropivnitsky, I.
Karpenko-Kary, P. Saksagansky, M. Staritsky and others.
- 1920 - in city drama collective "New theatre" under A.
Borisoglebsky management worked.
- 1934 - on the basis of city drama theatre is created
All-Donetsk musical-dramatical theatre with constant stay in
Mariupol (the head - A. Smirnov, the main director - A.
- 1959 - to the Mariupol theatre is given the status Donetsk
- November, 2 1960 - solemn opening again constructed building of
theatre and the first representation has taken place.
- 1978 - the theatre has noted the 100-anniversary. A theatrical
art the collective has been awarded for significant merits an award
- 1985 - the small stage of theatre is open.
Alongside with products of modern playwrights have always been
submitted Russian and foreign classics: works Tolstoy, Pushkin, Molière, Chekhov,
Nabokov, Maeterlinck, Shakespeare,
Shukshin, Nina Sadur, Samuil Marshak, Evgeny Shvarts and many
- The national actress of Russia - N. Jurgens,
- National actors of Ukraine - J. Doronchenko, S.
- The deserved actress of Ukraine, the winner of the premium of a
name in M. Zankovetska - L. Rusnak,
- Leading actors: S. Nemchuk, N. Atroshchenkova, S. Lupiltsev, A.
Arutyunyan, A. Shevchenko, S. Musienko and others.
The Mariupol theatre annually takes part in Ukrainian and the
international theatrical festivals:
- Theatrical guitar;bass (Donetsk)
- The Ternopol theatrical gibson les paul (Ternopil)
- Khersonessky games with guitars (Sevastopol)
- Melpomene Tavrii (Kherson)
- Classic and present guitars (Dniprodzerzhynsk)
- Premieres of a guitar;season 1 (Kiev) and others.
Donetsk Academic State Theater of Opera and Ballet named after
A. B. Solovyanenko in Donetsk, Ukraine