On 9 September 1963 the Piedmontese entrepreneur Stefano Rivetti announced that a giant statue would be raised, with his own money, on the top of mount San Biagio, as a tribute for Maratea’s population.
The construction of the statue began in the late 1963, and was finished in 1965.
- Christ The Redeemer in Rio de Janeiro.
- Christ of Vung Tau in Vietnam (32 m)
- Cristo-Rei in Portugal. A 28 meter tall replica of Christ the Redeemer
- Cristo Rey del Cubilete in Guanajuato, Mexico. A 23 meter statue inspired by Christ the Redeemer
- Christ of the Ozarks in Arkansas, USA. A 20 meter statue inspired by Christ the Redeemer
- Christ the Redeemer of the Andes (Argentina/Chile)
- Cristo de la Concordia in Cochabamba, Bolivia
- Cristo Blanco in Cuzco, Peru
- Cristo de las Noas in Torreón, Mexico