Ahu Tongariki was substantially restored in the 1990s by a multidisciplinary team headed by archaeologists Claudio Cristino (Director) and Patricia Vargas (Co-director executive team), in a five year project carried out under an official agreement of the Chilean Government with Tadano Lt. and the University of Chile.
Ahu Tongariki was the main centre and capital of the Hotu Iti, the eastern confederation of the Rapanui.
- Katherine Routledge (1919) The Mystery of Easter Island ISBN 0-932813-48-8
- Ahu Tongariki Restoration project
- Unofficial Easter Island Homepage
- Easter Island Statue project
- How to make Walking Moai: a hypothesis about how Moai were transported
- Czech who made Moai statues walk returns to Easter Island
- History of Easter Island stones
- Easter Island - Moai Statue Scale