Adventuredome is a 5 acre (20,234 m²) indoor amusement park (formerly known as Grand Slam Canyon) located at Circus Circus in Las Vegas, Nevada on the Las Vegas Strip. The park offers 25 rides and attractions and is connected to the hotel via The Promenade. The theme park includes the Canyon Blaster roller coaster, rock climbing wall, 18-hole miniature golf course, an arcade, clown shows, Xtreme Zone, Pikes Pass, Virtual Reality Zone, Midway Games, and carnival-type games.
The Adventuredome opened in 1993 in the west parking lot of the
hotel. It sits on a reinforced 18" thick deck elevated Шаблон:Convert above
ground. The dome itself consists of over Шаблон:Convert. of
pink tinted, insulated glass over a teal green space frame (to
minimize structural poles inside). Each pane of glass weighs
- Frog Hopper: Shoot you up, hop you down ride from S&S
Power. Added in 2002.
- Miner Mike: A small children's coaster from Wisdom Rides.
- Thunderbirds: An airplane carousel that flies through the air
- B.C. Bus: A bus that goes up, down and around. Also from
- Circus Carousel: Chance-Morgan carousel themed with circus
animals. Opened in 1999. Relocated in 2003 for Slingshot.
- Drifters: A hot air balloon themed ferris wheel from
- Road Runner: Wisdom Rides Mini-Himalaya that gives a wild trip
going forwards and backwards.
- Canyon Cars: Zamperla Bumper cars.
- Sand Pirates: Zamperla swinging pirate ship.
- Canyon Blaster: The world's largest indoor double-loop,
double-corkscrew roller coaster. Original park attraction.
- Rim Runner: Arrow Dynamics Shoot-the-Chutes with a Шаблон:Convert drop.
Original park attraction.
- SpongeBob SquarePants 4-D: SimEx ride film with Spongebob.
Added in 2005.
- Slingshot: 100' tall Chance-Morgan free fall ride that shoots
riders upwards with 4G's of acceleration. Added in 2004.
- Chaos: Chance-Morgan ride that spins while allowing each car to
flip on its own axis while tilted to a 70 degree angle. Opened
- Inverter: Chance-Morgan ride that spins riders upside down.
Added in 1999.
- Lazer Blast (formerly Hot Shots Lazer Tag): Laser tag arena
built into the base of the park's signature mountain. Opened with
- Marvin the Martian in the 3rd Dimension: FX theatre,
SimEx-Iwerks, A 4-d experience with "out of the screen" special
effects. Newest attraction. Added in June 2007.
- Disk'O: A Zamperla ride where passengers sit on a spinning disk
which rides along a half pipe track.
- Twist N Shout: Large water slide tower with two identical
slides. Occupied area that is now home to Canyon Cars, Sand Pirates
and midway games. This was an original park attraction.
- Dinosaur exhibits: Various animatronic dioramas throughout the
park including a depiction of a pool of tar pits.
- Fossil Dig: Children's sand pit with hidden dinosaur bones.
Went along with the original Grand Slam Canyon dinosaur theme.
- Cliffhangers: Children's ball pit and crawl area. Formerly
located in the current home of the party rooms, then moved to the
former home of the Fossil Dig. Now home to more reservable party
Every October, since 2003, the Adventuredome is changed to the
Frightdome. The Frightdome is a Halloween event that takes place in
the dome with haunted houses, freak shows, and ride attractions.
The Frightdome is only intended for guests 13 or older. It only
opens at night, from 7 to midnight until Halloween (or November 1).
The ticket prices are usually raised from $24.95 to $34.95 for the